Saturday, September 6, 2008

Time is Short; Seek the Lord While He May be Found!

"Seek the LORD
while He may be found;
call on Him
while He is near."
(Isaiah 55:6)

Dear friends, most of you reading this post are Christians. If, however, you have not yet received Jesus Christ as Your Savior, please continue reading and be encouraged by the Truth that the Lord loves you and desires a personal relationship with you. He loves you. He created you. He has a plan for you. He does not willingly harm you. He wants to save you!

Do you sometimes wonder why on earth you're here? The Lord told Jeremiah, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." (Jeremiah 1:5). The words the Lord spoke to Jeremiah apply to you, too. Before you were ever conceived, the Lord knew you and had a plan for you! He "knit [you] together in [your] mother's womb." (Psalm 139:13).

Regardless of your circumstances, regardless of your sins, regardless of your past, the Lord desires you to come to Him. He does not want you to spend a day on earth--or an eternity in hell--apart from Him.

"For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though He brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is His unfailing love. For He does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men."
(Lamentations 3:31-33)
.

I want you to catch a key word in the above Scripture: "... He does not willingly bring affliction or grief...". The Lord is good! He is righteous and just, mighty and powerful; He is to be reverently feared, but He is good! He does not wish to inflict harm upon you; He desires you to have lasting peace, joy, love, and contentment, which can be attained only through Him. Not by a change of circumstances. Not by a new car. Not by more money. Not by a new relationship. Not through any person or thing on this earth. Only through Him. Earthly things are temporary, binding us to the temporal and blinding us to the eternal. But, the Lord Jesus Christ can set you free.

"So if the Son sets you free,
you will be free indeed."
(John 8:36)

Time is short, dear one. "He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9; see also Ezekiel 18:23, 32, 33:11). Still, time is short. Seek the Lord while He may be found. Choose life. Choose Him. Your eternal home hangs in the balance. If you've never accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, if you've never submitted your life to Him, confess to Him the prayer below. For more information and encouragement, see this "Invitation to Salvation".

Precious Lord Jesus, I am lost. I have chosen to go my own way and have failed to follow You. I have sinned, Lord, and have deliberately separated from You. But, I believe in You, Lord, and I earnestly repent of my sins! I believe that You are the son of God, and I believe that You died on the cross to pay my sin debt in full, once and for all. I believe that You rose from the dead and that through Your death and resurrection, You provided the only way for me to receive eternal life. I believe the words You spoke in John 3:16: " 'For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal live.' " I choose today to accept this gift by faith, and I ask You to come into my heart and into life. Today, I choose to trust You. I accept You as my Savior and my Lord, and I ask You to lead and direct my paths all the days of my life. I pray in Your name, You who are God's perfect Son and my perfect Savior. Amen.

Precious friend, if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord today, we--and all of heaven!--rejoice in your decision. Please let another Christian know of your choice, so that you can be encouraged in your decision. Please let us know, too, so that we can pray for you. Seek a local church, which believes in and teaches from the Holy Bible, and find fellowship there. Begin reading the Holy Bible, every day! If you do not have a Bible, please let us know by clicking here or by posting a comment below; click on "Sparks Share" at the end of today's reflection, and scroll down to the "Comments" box. You may choose to comment anonymously, if you prefer. Welcome, dear one, to the Royal family!

"But you are a chosen people,
a royal priesthood,
a holy nation,
a people belonging to God,
that you may declare
the praises of Him
Who called you
out of darkness
into His wonderful light."

(1 Peter 2:9)

Fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, if you've read this far, be encouraged to share this salvation message with others! Sound the trumpet, for, "... if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?" (1 Corinthians 14:8). May God richly bless your faithfulness!

Copyright 2008. Kathryn B. Wells. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: