Thursday, September 11, 2008

Blessed is the Nation Whose God is the LORD

" 'Be still,
and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.' "
(Psalm 46:10)


"Only be careful,
and watch yourselves closely
so that you do not forget
the things your eyes have seen
or let them slip from your heart
as long as you live.
Teach them to your children
and to their children after them."
(Deuteronomy 4:9)


"... God has said,
'Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.'
So we say with confidence,
'The Lord is my helper;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?' "
(Hebrews 13:5-6)


"When you go into battle
in your own land
against an enemy
who is oppressing you,
sound a blast on the trumpets.
Then you will be remembered
by the LORD your God
and rescued from your enemies."
(Numbers 10:9)


"Remember Jesus Christ,
raised from the dead..."
(2 Timothy 2:8)


"Blessed is the nation
whose God is the LORD ..."
(Psalm 33:12)


Copyright 2008. Kathryn B. Wells. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

junglemama said...

Nice tribute.

Michelle said...

Well Kathryn, we are on the same page again! I started my blog post today without having yet read yours from yesterday. The blog post title was "Blessed is the nation..." I started to write it & then the Lord led me in a different direction, so I saved it for a future post & wrote what was on my heart today. I went to your blog to read your post & Lo & Behold there it is! Psalm 33:12! The exact verse my reflection had started with.
Talk about blessed! I truly feel blessed to have such a wonderful connection during this 40 day fast!!!
God bless you Dear Sister!

Kathryn said...

Michelle, the Lord always exceeds my expectations!

It is indeed a tremendous blessing for me to connect with those whom He has positioned "for such a time as this".